Sunday, April 24, 2005

Saturdays... my favourite day in the week??

Let's see.. The usual routine of saturdays.. Piano lesson then come home, slack/do homework then go for cell followed by service.. Thanks to cousin, the routine was almost broken. Was invited to go for some crossfire paintball thing but last minute, turned out that I wasn't of the required age limit.. 14! Bah... a few months more.
Anyway, went to cell.. turns out wasn't the lastest.. then went back downstairs to meet the rest of the girls, elo, eileen and delia. Yah, most of them wore skirts too.. so wasn't the only one.. =) Anyway, cell was ok lah. it's fun, something i look foward to every week. After cell, service, the usual.
Worship was very energetic and just wanted to just be part of that awesome energy.. result of Passion! Ministry's passion for God, i guess. So jumped lah.. but wearing skirt so after a while, couldn't jump liao.. Not going to wear skirt again... Prevents me from jumping.. =(
Then later, after announcements/offering time, worshipped again.. But could sense that I was being distracted. So hard to clear my mind and focus solely onto God, was praying for distractions to cease and after a while, managed to worship God with all my focus on him.
Sermon.. Talking about "God, up close and personal." Realized that I've really been lacking in that area of trusting God and being humble. Was feeling guilty lor. In a way, I guess I've been like that kid in the story that Pastor B. told.. Been telling God what to do instead of letting him work in my life. Went for altar call and just pray to God and just remembered all the times in the past and just wept. Asking for God to come into my life. Just submitting to him once again. The fire in me that was ignited during camp had started to die down once more.. It's so hard to try to maintain the burning desire to run after God. So ya, was just praying for God to come into my life and just lead me. I've been facing problems in making some decisions and now have decided to just let God guide me. Even though right now, I still haven't made my decision or there hasn't been any signs as to what to do, right after just letting go of my worries, I felt calm, something I haven't felt in quite some time. Then was energetic again. Hyper me!
Anyway, after service, went to Macs with the girls in cell with the exception of Jeanette, Elo, Bel... Just sat there and talk and laugh our heads off. It was a nice change lah. Maybe this is what I've been needing to cheer me up? Just relaxing away.. As in really relaxed. =) That's about it for now lah. Got to do my work since i'm in a good mood now. and actually can focus on my work.

No comments: