Tuesday, September 26, 2006

quotes

"Memories are important. They're something you can hold on to."

"Memories are precious. Even bad ones. They make us who we are."

"I should let him shelter me a bit, stop jabbing at him, leave my own fear behind. But the fear remained."

"Learn from water. Water is malleable, water is gentle, but drops of water wear away stone, and everything it touches is shaped by its passing."

Hmm. All these are taken from the book I'm reading right now, The Fifth Sacred Thing. The first two lines, I don't think I need to explain why I typed them out. How true... Now, just to combine both together. Memories are important and precious. Even bad ones. They're something you can hold on to and make us who we are. Hmm. Sums it up, pretty well, ya? Again, more things are starting to mean more and more to me. The slightest things can trigger off these whole string of thoughts and stuff.

Third line(s) quoted was for the idea behind the line. The whole "being protected and all is good but there's still fear"... Hmm. Don't feel like elaborating.

Last one. Ahh. My "element". Still have that line from Memoirs of a Geisha in my diary. Also about water, or to be precise, the nature of water. I don't know. Though I'm sure I've displayed both sides of water before, there's one side that feels more natural than the other. It's fairly obvious which side I prefer and am more used to... Sighs. But today, it was a bit towards the other side. Not that I "unleashed" it. But ya.. It was waiting. -cringe- Sounds like I have a split personality, ya? Lol. But nah... Not understanding what I blog about either.

Ok. Enough about elaborating on the quotes and all. Think I'll try to finish more biology homework. Sighs. But really, not in the mood to. Physically and mentally.

No comments: