Wednesday, February 21, 2007

gushing in Orchard

Went out yesterday to Orchard with gan jie and her friend... But after they had to go, I was left with around 1 hour plus to wander around orchard before I met up with my relatives for dinner.


A lot of gushing was going on when I was in orchard so here goes... =)


Went to kinokuniya to just look at stuff... Saw jodi picoult and was going all crazy since they had almost every book there, including the three that I haven't read. I've never seen two of them before?! Ack. Too bad I spent $20 earlier on in Plaza Singapura so didn't buy anything. Yet. =p Wandered around Kino and chanced upon this whole row of scores! Imagine this. One whole shelve of scores of Christian scores. Then times the shelve by 7 to 8 times and that's like scores of pop songs and soundtracks. Guess what was the first soundtrack that caught my eye? Ice princess! =) Then on the other side of the shelves, classical scores, Disney and musicals... Was rather high internally and gushing but somehow, it lacked the usual highness? Really wished that anyone was there with me to join in the gushing. I mean, Kino's better stocked than any store I've walked into for the past few years. All the scores I want in one place! =) After awhile, had to drag myself away from there. Went to look at the stationery section. Saw a lot of thin files with nice design! But since I had only $20 and had to buy various things, I resisted the urge to shop first and continued window-shopping.


Next stop: Art friend! -bounce- Ok... I was guai. Limited myself to the paper section. Was pulling out random pieces of paper and trying to decide which ones were nicer... Heehee. I should go back there with more money. But ya, finally got around to buying paper with nice patterns/designs. Decided I needed a file to protect the paper since I was carrying a small slingbag so yes... =p Does that sound like an excuse? Heehee. Oh well... Bought one file and then realized I could afford one Jodi Picoult book so yes... Spoilt myself by buying one of the books. =) In case you don't know, I rarely buy things so impulsively and with my own money. =p Was debating whether to get one more file... But since I couldn't decide between the various designs so didn't get. I mean, how does one pick between designs cute dogs, waterfall, dolphins, patterns, sky, ocean? It's craziness. So went around the rest of the stationery section and managed to freak mei out over the phone. Basically, I saw this whole section of really nice stickers and was talking in an unusual tone of voice. =p Poor mei...


Walked to Borders but due to time constraints, it was really just walking through without really looking out for specific titles. I have perfect timing! Crossed the traffic light and saw my cousin, her husband, my aunt and grandmother in the car at the traffic junction and so hopped on. =) Heehee. Nice example of good timing, ya?

No comments: