Saturday, February 24, 2007

a walk to remember

Yay! Finally got around to watching it after having the disc for how many months. Was a bit hesitant before watching the show since I've read the book and I know how this story can get rather emotional and all... But mei was singing the praises of the show and I really wanted to watch it so just laid down on my bed and watched the show on my computer. Must really be thankful that my dad bought a LCD screen for the computer inside my room, for the purpose of letting me watch DVDs and all.. =)


There's really a lot that I want to blog about on the show... Sighs. Except I have no idea where to start.


Hmm. I think I've got it. I'll start off with this verse that was repeated during the show. Once when Jaime gives him the book and at the wedding... I prefer the version at the wedding.
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes..."
When I watched this show and heard this verse, both times, I thought of seeing the line written down in a notebook. But anyway, the last line is especially meaningful. Maybe that explains why I'm still like that even after everything? It's not whether I'm nice or not, it's more than that.


The movie was different from the book in some areas but still as touching. There were so many times that I understood the feelings of the characters. I think this is one show that made me cry so many times til I lost track. Especially during the songs... "Only hope" and "Cry"... I was waiting in anticipation for the latter song. I miss hearing the song as I first heard it. But that's one version that I can't obtain that easily... Oh well. At least, I have the songs on my computer.


The ending's just so bittersweet. Not an exact quote but there was something about how just like the wind, love is something that you can't see but you can feel it...

No comments: