Tuesday, March 06, 2007

the sunflower

It used to be my favourite flower when I was young. But my taste changed as I grew older? Actually, I don't think I have a favourite flower now. Mhmm. Ok, that was just out of point. "The Sunflower" is the title of another book written by Richard Paul Evans. If anyone still remembers my previous blog entries, I said I borrowed 4 books from the library and that there's a book I'm almost definitely going to blog on. This is it. =) As usual, I want to blog about lines from the book.


There are times, it seems, that God throws a cosmic switch that moves the tracks beneath us, hurling our lives headlong in a new and uncertain direction. Of these times just two things are certain: It's best we don't know what's ahead. We can never go back.
My life has taken a new direction a few times... Just transferring from one school to another is a good example of how my life takes a new direction. Hmm... And this year, it's certainly taken a direction which I didn't expect. Only two things are certain? I'm not sure whether ignorance is bliss in this case. But I agree that we can't go back into time. I know it. Now, it's just a matter of accepting that.


Hope grabes on to whatever floats.
I know I grab onto whatever I can. Maybe that explains why I'm relatively hopeful?


The surest way to minimize your own burdens is to carry someone else's.
I suspect that's what I'm doing, which is a bit worrying. I don't mind. But if I'm doing it to minimize my own problems, then it's just wrong of me to do it.


As much as I have schemed and planned to the contrary, the most central experiences of my life have all been accidents.
I just find this line interesting.. Mhmm. But yeps, life's always unexpected.


"The moral of my little tale is that when love is right, things work out. Not necessarily the way you think they will, but they do work out."
How I really hope this line is accurate... Not just for myself, but also in general. If this was true, a lot of people would face less problems.


We carry around in our heads these pictures of what our lives are supposed to look like, painted by the brush of our intentions. It's the great, deep secret of humanity that in the end none of our lives look the way we thought they would. As much as we wish to believe otherwise, most of life is a reaction to circumstances.
Yeps! This line is similar to the other one. I certainly didn't expect how my life so far would have turned out. A reaction to circumstances? Ya... That's true. Considering that a lot of my decisions are based on circumstances.


Love is never convenient - and rarely painless.
Of course I agree. In fact, anyone who has been in love should agree. Since when was love painless? I'll like to know.


I've heard it said that to love someone is not to desire them but to desire their happiness. If this is true then I must question my love - because I desperately desire her.
I understand what the character was going through... I can't tell whether I desire the happiness of those I love or do I desire them? I really want to answer that. It will make my resolve stronger.


Absence is to love what wind is to fire - it extinguishes the small and inflames the great.
How do you define small or great? Hmm...


Love is stronger than pain.
This is one of the most memorable lines in the book... And it really touches my heart. Maybe that explains everything...


The book is nice. In fact, I highly reccomend this author. I've borrowed one more book written by him! =p Let's see how it is... Might or might not blog about it.

No comments: